Terms and conditions
Date: June 2012
This website is published for the purpose of making these cartoons available to christians around the world who might find them amusing, provocative or comforting etc. These terms are designed to help guard against abuse.
While personal use of the cartoons is free, there are four licenses available for use of the cartoons in other contexts. Click on the license name to download a pdf of the license.
Subscription: Church - An annual license for small non-profit groups, non-commercial use
Subscription: Enterprise - An annual license for large non-profit groups, non-commercial use
Pay-per-cartoon: Standard - A single use license for small scale, non-commercial use by non-profit groups
Pay-per-cartoon: Special - A single use license for large scale use by non-profit groups
Use of the website and cartoons
- Legal authority: Use of this website is governed by these terms and conditions. These are, in turn, governed by the relevant law, which is the law of the State of New South Wales, Australia. If, after reading these terms, you do not agree to be bound by them, you should not proceed.
- Copyright: The Work, including the website and contents, is owned by Chris Morgan and is protected by copyright and/or other applicable law. Use of the cartoons and other materials in the site is governed by a suite of licenses, most of which require payment of a license fee.
- Definitions: For the purpose of reading this document, terms "I", "my", "cartoonist", "Licensor" and "author" refer to Chris Morgan, "you", "your", "visitor", "user", "purchaser", "viewer" and "licensee" refer to you, as applicable in the context of the transaction. Terms including "Work", "cartoons" refer to the materials made available by the cartoonist through this website and other channels.
- Licenses: For anything other than purely personal use, the use of the Work requires the purchase of a license. The license options are described in the website.
- Personal use: Personal use is free of charge, but is subject to some restrictions as laid out below. Personal use includes personal emails to friends or family, school projects, your facebook or Pinterest page, twitter, hand made cards for friends etc.
- Attribution: All use of the Work must have some attribution, usually displayed directly next to the Work. This attribution will include the following:
- Cartoon copyright Chris Morgan www.cxmedia.com
- Any online placement, like a blog page, should have a link from the image to the website http://www.cxmedia.com
- Restrictions. Permission for personal use of the Work is expressly given subject to and limited by the following restrictions:
- You may publish or distribute the Work only under these terms.
- You may only use the work as part of your everyday personal communications.
- You may not use the Work in any activities associated with your employment or any enterprises that you are associated with, small or large, profit or non-profit.
- You may not use the Work in commercial projects, i.e. projects that generate income e.g. through sales or advertising.
- You may not sublicense the Work.
- The Work may not be incorporated into a derivative artwork for which a claim of new copyright may be obtained.
- The Work may not be incorporated in a product for the purpose of redistributing, sublicensing or re-selling the Work, and the Work itself may not be sold or rented.
- You may not store substantial portions of the library of Work.
- You may not use the Work in such a way that it becomes the primary substance of the end product e.g. a booklet or a website of cartoons. I'm happy to discuss terms for projects of this nature.
- You may not use the Work in any manner that may be considered pornographic, defamatory, or libellous. If the Work depicts or identifies a real person, a fictional character, a trademark, or any other legally protected property, you must consult your legal counsel to ensure that your intended use of the Work is not contrary to the rights of publicity and privacy or any other legal right of any person or entity concerned. You may not use any Work that depicts or identifies a real person in connection with sensitive subject matter, nor that conveys or implies endorsement of a product or service, without prior written permission from me.
- Representations, Warranties and Disclaimer. Unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties in writing, I offer the Work as-is and make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Work, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or the absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence or absence of errors, whether or not discoverable.
- Limitation on Liability. Except to the extent required by applicable law, in no event will I be liable to you on any legal theory for any special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages arising out of these terms or the use of the Work, even if I have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Indemnity. You assume full responsibility for your use of the cartoons and shall indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Licensor with respect to any and all actions, suits, causes of action, or damages based upon or arising out of your usage of the work.
- Liability: As far as the relevant law allows, I will not liable for any damage that may be caused, directly or indirectly, by the use of this website, or of the material contained in it, or of the services provided by Paypal, Aweber, or any other third parties connected with this website.
- Restrictions: You agree not to misuse this site, or any material on it, to cause damage to the cartoonist or any other parties. You agree not to damage or compromise the content of this website.
- Revision: I reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions without notice. The revised Terms and Conditions will apply from the moment they are published.
- Privacy: If you provide any personal information, for any purpose, I will treat it with the utmost discretion and care. No information will be passed on to any third parties unless required by law, in which case I will endeavour to inform you before this happens.